Southland Church is committed to protecting your privacy when collecting and handling your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
Southland Church only collects personal information necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities such as:
- Receiving tithes, offerings or other donations
- Supplying you with goods or services that you have requested;
- Processing an order made through our website, or by telephone, fax and mail;
- Providing you with information you have requested from us;
- Providing you with information regarding an order you have placed with us;
- Providing you with information about upcoming events, new products and services offered by Southland Church;
- Subscriptions to newsletters or mailing lists;
- Improving your online experience.
Visitors to our website may have a cookie saved on their hard drive which stores information about the visitor and helps our software collect information used by shopping carts or subscriptions. Usage of cookies is an internet standard and is not linked to personally identifiable information.
Using and disclosing your personal information
The following conditions may necessitate that Southland Church disclose personal information to third parties:
- A requirement by law.
- Southland Church may disclose personal information it collects to third party organisations such as contractors who assist Southland Church in the operation of its business and to enable those contractors to perform functions on behalf of Southland Church. For example, your personal information may be supplied to third parties to allow credit card payment authorisation, marketing and promotions. Where information is disclosed to such third parties we will limit the information disclosed to that which is a minimum requirement for the purpose it is used.
Apart from the previous two conditions, Southland Church will not give any of your personal information to advertisers or any other organisation without your express consent.
Southland Church will not send you unsolicited advertising information without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you. You have the option in your account information to specify whether you would like to receive correspondence from Southland Church.
Southland Church does use email to verify online orders. These emails contain information required to complete online purchases.
Security of your personal information
Southland Church does not store credit card data. All financial transactions are passed to our payment gateway (eWAY), using industry standard SSL data encryption to protect the transmission of sensitive information.
Offline data is treated with every precaution, we do not keep paper copies of personal data unless:
- Required by law
- Required by third parties such as credit card merchant facilities
You can access the information we keep about you
Newsletter subscribers may modify their personal information or unsubscribe at any time using the embedded links in subscribed emails or by using our contact us page with your request.
Questions or complaints
If you have any questions of concerns about information gathered from the Southland website or would like any further information please visit our contact us page.
Further information on privacy
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioners website.