Southland Church is committed to protecting your privacy when collecting and handling your personal information.
1. WHO ARE WE?
Southland Vineyard Church Incorporated is an Incorporated Association in South Australia trading as ‘Southland Church’ which is a registered business name in Australia. Our Australian Business Number (ABN) is 94 139 287 285. You can lookup our ABN, including details of Taxation and Charitable status at the Australian Business Register: https://abr.business.gov.au/ABN/View/94139287285
‘Southland Vineyard Church’ is a registered trademark, along with our logo. Full trademark descriptions can be found at https://southlandchurch.com.au/trademark/
Our website address is: https://southlandchurch.com.au/
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Southland Church follows the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
• We do not collect more information than is necessary;
• We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified;
• We do not keep your data if it is no longer needed;
• We only share your data with employees, contractors or third parties for the purpose of processing payments, or to provide services you have requested or if required by Law.
Southland Church only collects personal information necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities such as:
• Receiving tithes, offerings or other donations;
• Supplying you with goods or services that you have requested;
• Processing an order made through our website, or by telephone, fax or mail;
• Providing you with information you have requested from us;
• Providing you with information regarding an order you have placed with us;
• Providing you with information about upcoming events, new products and services offered by Southland Church;
• Providing you with access to ‘Southland Forums’;
• Providing you with access to ‘Southland Shop’;
• Providing you with pastoral care using ‘Elvanto’ database;
• Subscriptions to newsletters or mailing lists;
• Improving your online experience.
3. USING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The following conditions may necessitate that Southland Church disclose personal information to third parties:
• A requirement by law.
• Southland Church may disclose personal information it collects to third party organisations such as contractors who assist Southland Church in the operation of its business and to enable those contractors to perform functions on behalf of Southland Church. For example, your personal information may be supplied to third parties to allow credit card payment authorization, marketing and promotions. Where information is disclosed to such third parties we will limit the information disclosed to that which is a minimum requirement for the purpose it is used.
Apart from the previous two conditions, Southland Church will not give any of your personal information to advertisers or any other organisation without your express consent. We share information with the following third parties who help us process donations, provide shop and event orders and other services to you:
4. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
All reasonable precautions are used to protect personal information that is collected and kept on Southland Church web-servers. All personal and credit card information is collected via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) using industry standard data encryption. Southland Church does not store credit card data. Depending on the chosen method of payment, financial transactions are completed by either –
1. Personal and credit card details are collected and processed via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) using industry standard data encryption. Our payment page is on an encrypted, secure server and payments are processed by eWay in compliance with the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) for accepting credit card payments online.
2. Customers/Subscribers are redirected to PayPal for full processing of the transaction.
We use up-to-date security systems to guard against unauthorized administrative access to our web-servers. Offline data is treated with every precaution, we do not keep paper copies of personal data unless:
• Required by law
• Required by third parties such as credit card merchant facilities
5. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have an account on our website, or have left comments or made forum posts –
- We provide a user ‘portal’ that allows ‘Southland Shop’ customers and ‘Southland Forum’ participants to login and delete or modify personal information. The only personal information that can not be modified is the ‘user-id’.
- You may request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
6. EMAIL & SPAM
Southland Church will not send you unsolicited advertising information without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you. If you subscribe to a distribution list, including, an email list, ‘Southland Forums’ or ‘Southland Shop’ you may receive emails related to your subscription. All emails from a Southland Church distribution lists contain an “unsubscribe link”.
Southland Church uses email to verify online orders. These emails contain information required to complete online purchases.
8. WHAT WE COLLECT AND STORE
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
• Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed and to make recommendations
• Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
• Send you information about your account and order
• Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
• Process payments and prevent fraud
• Set up your account for our store
• Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
• Improve our store offerings
• Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
In order to secure our website against unauthorized access we block and log certain visitors to our website. In particular, data which is stored from blocked visitors includes:
• IP Address
• Date and time of the visit
• URL that was requested
• Country of the IP address
• Details of the particular access attempt
When we are provided with personal information, either in-person, by email or by online forms for inclusion into our ‘Elvanto database‘ we may share this information with Life Group Leaders and Trusted Volunteers to facilitate follow up and general pastoral care. This information includes, but is not limited to:
• Email Address
• Family Member Names
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, unless we are legally required to continue to keep it.
9. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We currently retain personal data for orders placed on this website for the following amount of time:
• Inactive accounts: 12 Months
• Pending orders: 3 Months
• Failed orders: 3 Months
• Cancelled orders: 3 Months
• Completed orders: Indefinitely
Data collected from unauthorized visitors to our website is kept for a minimum of 30 days and depending on the severity of the access attempt this data may be kept indefinitely and/or passed on to appropriate authorities.
If you leave a comment in ‘Southland Forums’ or ‘Southland Shop’, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
10. WHO ON OUR TEAM HAS ACCESS
We restrict access to the information you provide us to as few people as possible. Currently only administrators, senior team members can access:
• Order information like what was purchased and when it was purchased, and
• Customer information like your name, email address, and billing information.
These people require access to this information in order to help fulfil orders, process refunds and provide support.
Trusted volunteers, including Life Group Leaders and Pastoral Care Volunteers can access:
• Such personal information (referred to in 8. WHAT WE COLLECT AND STORE) as is required for pastoral care and personal contact.
• Personal information required for Life Group membership.
11. SECURITY AND/OR DATA BREACHES
In the unlikely event of an administrative security or data breach. Southland Church will –
- Change all administrative passwords.
- Restore the latest website backup (these are made on a daily basis).
- Notify all customers of the breach and potential compromise of their information via email.
- Implement any other action or safeguard deemed necessary to secure customer information.
Subscribers (Customers of Southland Shop or Participants in Southland Forums) have a username and password which should not be divulged to others. In the event your account is breached you should contact us. Southland Church may take any of the following actions –
- Reset your password
- Restore your account from system backups
- Remove your account and all personal information completely
12. EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Posts, pages and other articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service that transmits website data to Google servers. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Read about how Google uses information from sites and apps that use their service here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites/
A list of all the cookies that Google Analytics uses along with an explanation of each cookie can be found here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage/
14. FORUM POSTS
Southlandchurch.com.au includes a user forum called ‘Southland Forums’ which is powered by bbPress. We only accept forum posts from registered users who must be approved by our Forum Moderator. Users may edit their profile (except for user-name changes) or request deletion of their account via the ‘contact us’ webpage. If forum users post entries or comments on the Forum we it will remain on the forum permanently unless the forum user removes the post or requests removal by the Forum Moderator.
After approval of your account, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your posts.
If you upload images to Southland Forum, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
16. CONTACT FORMS
We use contact forms on this website to allow customers and visitors to sign-up to mailing lists, respond to surveys, provide a portal to our payment gateway(s) and connect with or contact us.
Southland Church will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. We will only disclose your personal information to employees and contractors, as described under 2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION above.
Southland Church has an online store called ‘Southland Shop’. If you are a Southland Shop customer and have opted to receive news and updates from us, Southland Church may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new products or events, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Southland Church.
Southland Church takes all reasonable measures necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
As part of our security measures we have implemented SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) using industry standard data encryption (HTTPS) across the entire website, ensuring all data flows between the client browser and web server are encrypted.
17. QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions of concerns about information gathered from the Southland Church website or would like any further information please visit our contact us page.
18. FURTHER INFORMATION ON PRIVACY
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioners website which can be found at https://www.oaic.gov.au/
Page last modified: 15th April, 2020